Placed on the very tip of the peninsula there are very litte remains of the fort to be found today. Once it protected the entrance to the fjord, and a large fish oil factory which had been attacked by Norwegian and British commandos in 1941. Soon after that attack the construction of the fort began.
Later in the war when Tirpitz was in the area the fort was attacked by british planes. In autumn 1944 the Germans were evacuating the area and the fortress blown up and the rest moved to Lofoten.
The fort was armed with
4 French 15.5 cm guns with a range to 18000 meter.
2 5 cm anti tank guns.
1 3.7 cm Flak cannon
1 2 cm Flak cannon.
150 men was in 1943 reinforced with another 150.
Too bad it wasn`t much to find of it now, but it was a nice trip and some spectacular views :)