"Viking". My latest project. It is a 75mm resin figure from DG Artwork. Very nicely casted.I painted it with Vallejo acrylics and mounted it on a rock I found on the beach by the Fjord .
I made these two the last days and completed them this morning. They are Dragon figures in scale 1/35 painted with Vallejo acrylics. I used lids from German detonator boxes and rifle and Mg casings as bases. Hope you like them :)
A friend of mine have a German Soldbuch and a photo of the soldier named Paul Pellens and he wanted a figure representing him. I found a figure from Alpine Miniatures that would fit and went to work. I had to scrape off some details from the very nicely sculpted figure before I could glue it together and splash some paint on it. The tunic and breeches needed to be painted in the Pea pattern camo which is a bit difficult but I am fairly pleased with the result. The figure comes with two optional heads, one with field cap and the other with a helmet. I chose the field cap as I think it looked better for this project. I fixed the completed figure to a wooden plinth and made my Girlfriend ,who is quite skilled , to make the grave marker which I fitted to the front of the base.
Now the workbench is cleared, but that won`t last long coz I have ideas for a few new little scenes:)
This exellent 1/16 scale figure comes from Quasar Miniatures and when I saw it I knew I really had to build and paint it. The sculpting and casting is very good so very little clean up was needed. The parts fitted perfectly together with a few tiny gaps only to fill. I painted it using Vallejo Acrylics and weathered it with pigments and washes from Mig. As a base I chose a part from a blown up German helmet which I thought was fitting for this scene and Im quite happy with the result, I hope you like it too:)
I had two relic helmets I didn`t know what to do with until I found this figure in my stash. It is a Verlinden resin figure in scale 1/16 depicting a Gebirgsjäger sniper. The quality of the figure isn`t the best and some of the details are a bit off, i.e the tunic has Heer collar tabs while the cap has Waffen SS insigna. I decided to leave it as is and just paint it up using the two helmets stacked upon eachother as a base. Inside the bottom helmet I added a Led strip so it doubles as a lamp.
Hope you like it :)