In the harbour of Svolvär,Norway, Heeres Küsten Batterie 47/973 is located. This bunker complex was built on a small island a few hundred meters from Svolvär town and was operative in 1941. The main armament was six French K425 15,5 cm guns with a range of 12000 meters. There was also Flak, close defence systems and mine fields around on the little island. Today there is only a few bunkers, positions and tunnels left and it is only a few years ago the last german barrack here was torn down. One of the bunker still standing is the command bunker a R636.
Part of the bunker ventilation.
Today the area is used for drying fish, summer concerts and sunday walks.